Monday, March 8, 2010

No Pones el Windex in your Mouth!

Walking home from class today around 22:00, that is 10:00pm for all you A-murrr-icans, I came upon a family rummaging through some garbage bags full of old stuff on the side of the street. As I got a little closer I realized the little brother, who was only about 4 years old, had found a bottle of Windex and was shooting it into his mouth. Like, directly in there, just tasting the fuckin thing, with his little backpack on, just hangin out. I ran up super quick yelling, "OYE! CHICO! No pones esto en la boca!" He looked at me like I was a crazy lady who spoke only broken Spanish with an excellent accent, which is what I am, and I guess that confuses people. Especially small children who have just embarked on an enormous Windex-induced head high and need to see an emergency room immediately. The momma stood up and grabbed him away from my vicinity. Well IN AMERICA we don't let little children die of poison ingestion. Needless to say, I was embarrassed that I had made a scene. But when I got home I realized that saving a baby's life is nothing to be embarrassed about what the hell. So I wrote a blog about it. Hope it was as good for you as it was for me.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I don't remember you telling us this story, but it's hilarious the way you wrote it on this blog. It was definitely as good for me as it was for you.